Are you a gender expert living in Burundi, Cambodia, Kenya, Lao, Nigeria or Tanzania? Are you looking for a short-term employment opportunity in the energy sector? Then, this opportunity could be for you.
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is looking for gender experts to provide consultancy for gender mainstreaming in the energy projects it is implementing in these countries.
Applicants are expected to have:
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in the field of gender equality and gender mainstreaming;
- Formal training in gender analysis and gender planning and demonstrated expertise in mainstreaming gender in projects and programmes, especially in specific area of intervention;
- Thorough understanding of the gender context in the country, and experience working with government institutions and international or non-governmental organizations supporting gender and development work in the specific area of intervention;
- Familiarity with gender analysis tools and methodologies in the specific area of intervention;
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with various stakeholders, including government officials.
For more information, download the job descriptions provided below.
Send your enquiries to k.proestler[at]unido.org or to gender[at]ecreee.org .