Do you believe strongly that social equality is critical for achieving sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction; and gender inequality limits the abilities of families to increase their incomes and move out of poverty around the world? Do you have the knowledge, experience and skills in gender responsive and socially inclusive approaches in analysis; policy and program/project development and implementation; and to lead a team of gender and social inclusion experts who work with our global partners on designing and implementing development programs across a variety of sectors? Are you interested in working in a cutting-edge $1 –billion-a -year independent US government agency to ensure that gender equality and social inclusion remain central to its operations and contribute to the achievement of the agency’s new five year strategic plan?
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is recruiting a senior director and practice leader for the Gender and Social Inclusion group. We are looking for someone with significant and wide-ranging social and gender integration analytical and practical expertise across a range of sectors in international development, and deep experience in managing professional teams to provide leadership, and strategic and innovative thinking to a highly committed and experienced group. We are looking for someone with vision, passion, inter-personal skills and a collaborative management style who can support the group to incorporate new evidence, expand and sharpen our models, tools, and designs, and identify new pathways to create gender responsive, socially inclusive, and sustainable poverty reduction projects.
The Senior Director will provide leadership, strategic guidance, and oversight over the execution of MCC’s gender and social inclusion efforts, including by:
- Integrating gender and social inclusion in MCC programs, ultimately delivering measurable, sustainable benefits for women and disadvantaged populations. Setting the strategic direction for achieving MCC’s gender and social inclusion priorities.
- Fostering an entrepreneurial culture within MCC and leading and participating in Department-wide initiatives and efforts as a member of DCO senior staff;
- Advancing compact and threshold program development, by identifying constraints and bottlenecks to achieving DCO and GSI objectives and engaging in both bottom-up and top-down leadership to resolve them;
- Leading the development of the Corporation’s approach to fully integrating gender and social inclusion into MCC programs and providing overall technical leadership, guidance, quality control, risk management, and oversight of GSI technical work during the development and implementation of projects and programs.
- Developing new social inclusion and gender integration strategies, plans, and practices to address social and gender issues at every stage of compact development and implementation.
- Providing eligible countries with advice and assistance, as appropriate, to address problems and improve the chances for success in social inclusion and gender integration in ongoing and planned programs and activities.
- Collaborating with other sector teams within MCC to enhance joint work in program design and supervision and to ensure that gender and social inclusion issues are addressed.
- Serving as a recognized agency expert and senior advisor to agency leaders on the social and gender dimensions of poverty reduction through economic growth and liaises with other Federal agencies and international development partners to ensure policy and program coordination and mutual learning.
- Coordinating and leading knowledge management activities for the GSI group, including the coordination and leadership of conferences, workshops, and other events, as well as publications, lessons learned, documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Exercising technical and administrative supervision over a subordinate staff of specialists. Ensuring a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.
Click here for more information.