A global campaign to raise awareness about the underutilized potential of women in the Energy Sector
Phase II: Organizations for Women
The ECREEE – led global campaign to raise awareness of the underutilized potential of women in the energy sector and the social constructions that create classifications of “men’s only” and “women’s appropriate” jobs in the energy sector, having completed its first phase, is progressing to Phase II – ‘Organizations for Women’.
Phase I of the campaign included a youth writing contest and grass-root level awareness raising activities at regional and international events, including at the 2015 Vienna Energy Forum (Click here for more information on Phase I).
Building on this momentum, ECREEE is inviting development partners, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society organizations (CSOs), government Ministries, Agencies and Departments (MDAs), research & academic institutions and others to #STANDTALL for women at their work places.
How can your organization join the #STANDTALL campaign?
Implement an activity in your organization that works to:
- create awareness of the issues of gender inequality in the energy sector;
- address barriers that prevent women entering and remaining in the sector;
- encourage young girls to pursue careers in the energy sector.
Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting (sponsoring) research in the area;
- Organizing awareness raising events or knowledge exchange workshops;
- Developing information, education and communication (IEC) materials;
- Establishing internship or scholarship programs targeting young women.
Why organization should participate in the global campaign?
- Boost creativity, innovation and productivity, with a diverse and gender balanced work-force;
- Set yourself apart from the pack and lead by example, as an organization that is for and about people;
- Contribute to the goals of sustainable development, by ensuring that women are not left behind.
- Your organization, as a partner, will have its logo included in all #STANDTALL communication materials.
- You become part of a network, sharing and having access to knowledge, experience and expertise on the issue.
Above all, remember:
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
Send your enquiries to Monica Maduekwe (email@example.com)